Bachelor’s degrees: evaluation criteria
Stakes and objectives
The evaluation conducted by the Agency aims to measure the bachelor capacities of each institution:
- its strategic objectives with regard to the bachelor cycle
- its teaching aids for helping students to pass a bachelor’s degree
- the relevance of its degree range, given the potential of the institution and its environment: recruitment pool, context of regional higher education and socioeconomic environment
- its quality management system for teaching the bachelor cycle
Evaluation of bachelor’s degrees
The objectives and results obtained are evaluated per institution as regards each general bachelor speciality by different experts depending on their disciplinary leanings. These experts work on the basis of an application.
Four criteria are applied:
- Teaching plan: Assessment of the consistency and balance of the teaching plan as well as of the progressiveness of the acquisition of skills and knowledge.
- Teaching aids for success: Assessment of the variety and effectiveness of teaching aids set up by the teaching staff and the institution.
- Integration into the job market and continuing chosen studies: Assessment of initiatives for preparing to continue studies, for gaining experience of the workplace and for following up what becomes of graduates.
- Running the bachelor’s cycle: Assessment of the members and activities of the teaching team as well as the way in which it improves the management of its programme by analysing and considering the different information gathered, including the evaluation of lessons by students.